Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

First Blog Post Here....

So, yeah, this is my first blog post here.  This blog will primarily be used for family news and just as the title imples...some ramblings by myself.  I may write about something exciting happening in our family or I may write about cooking or homeschooling or just a little of this and a little of that.  I like to write.  I always have.  I think I missed my calling hahaha.  I will admit that my grammar sucks sometimes and I apologize in advance for that. I will try to not write a book, but no real promises there.  

We have made the decision to leave Facebook for good.  Yes, I REALLY mean it this time. Chris hasn't ever really been into the whole "spacebook" thing (as he calls it).  He has a Facebook page, but he rarely gets on it. He mostly stalks mine to see what everyone is saying and doing.  I first tried Facebook way back in 2008.  I didn't stay long.  It just wasn't my cup of tea.  I think I went back and tried it out again in 2010. I have had a love/hate relationship with Facebook since that time. I have left and came back many times in the last 5 years.  Sometimes, it's just way too much drama on there. There are people who will post anything and everything and mostly not good.  I've gotten rather skiddish as of late, of even posting pictures on there, though I have, I try not to post too many. Nearly every day in the last few months, I have gotten friend requests from weird people...people with foreign  names who have JUST started their facebook page and doesn't show who their friends are or even any posts. I just keep thinking about the foreign countries that hate America and Americans and how they might get to us to harm us. What a better way than through FB? I mean think about it. People, without even thinking about consequences, will post their most personal and private details of their lives on there. Some will even post their full names, addresses, and phone numbers on their "about me" page right there for all the world to see. They will post pictures of themselves, their kids, their families and if they don't know any better and how to fix it, people can click on the pictures and it gives them the EXACT location of where the picture was taken, thus just about giving anyone a direct map to their homes or wherever they may be. There are people on FB that will accept a friend request from absolutely ANYONE, without hesitation, just in order to have a large number of "friends".  I don't understand those people. They don't know half of their so called "friends" and if you want to find out real quick just how many REAL friends you have, just post a status saying you need help moving...let's see how many of those 1042 "friends" show up. I certainly don't have near bout that many "friends" neither in real life or on Facebook. I decline friend requests all the time,  If I don't know a person personally or am related to them in some form or fashion, nope....not gonna accept it.  If I see a person in Wal Mart and I will wave or smile and they turn their head and go another direction, why the heck would they want to send me a friend request?  Why? Pure NOSY-NESS.  Nope, I'm just over FB.  I had a blog several years ago for several years and I really enjoyed it.  I made some amazing online friends through my blogging and their blogging.  I know that I won't have near the time to write like I used to, since we no longer have internet at home, but I will come here as often as I can and ramble on...hehe.

I'm going to wrap this up and start working on the design of my blog. I hope those of you who I have given the link to my blog will stay with me and please comment to let me know you were here. If you also have a blog, send me the link.  I'd love to read yours as well. I will put my email address in my profile or "about me" section and if you want to get a hold of me or need to know how to further contact me, you can shoot me an email and I'll be happy to give you that info.  

Until next time, Lord willing,
~  Blessings, Love, and Hugs~

No comments:

Post a Comment