Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Torch it Tuesday...

What is Torch it Tuesday, one may ask.  Well, I'm new to this one, too.  But from what I have seen around the www, I believe it is where folks post about their work outs on Tuesdays. ? There seems to other terms for the days of the week, such as Motivation Monday, Work Out Wednesday, and Fitness Friday. I have no idea what the term is for Thursday.  I will have to be on the look out for that one. I think it may be a good way to keep myself accountable for my work outs. I am the absolute most consistent inconsistent exerciser in the entire world.  I have been working out since I was maybe 15.  You would think with all these years of working out, I would be a perfect size 4 or 6. But noooo, I'm not. By far. I *might* be if I had been more consistent with my  work outs over the years AND combined the consistent work outs with proper diet.  As a result of my inconsistent exercising and yo-yo dieting/gaining/losing, I am now diabetic, something that I knew many years ago was a good possibility if I didn't change my wicked ways of eating and exercising.  I had gestational diabetes with the last 3 of my 4 children.  I knew I, as well, as they had a higher chance of getting diabetes later in life than the average person. I also knew that I had the power to CHANGE that outcome.  Now, I will admit that I DIDN'T know all of this with the first two that I had GD with, because I was not really informed too much about GD or the dangers to the baby, if it was not controlled. My last ob/gyn took this very seriously with my last pregnancy and he DID explain it all to me.  Still,  while I was always motivated and wanted to change my diet and work out more and lose weight, for whatever reason, it has just never happened. I am a total food addict. I wish I were addicted to working out like I am to eating.  Don't get me wrong, I actually do like to work out and I know that I always feel better afterward and while I may dread doing a work out, I never regret doing it. Exercise is so beneficial in so many ways. Yet, I somehow let life get in the way of my work outs. I will work out perfectly every day (usually 4 to 5 or 6 days a week) for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks, then miss one work out for whatever reason and it just spirals into missing a few days, then a few weeks, and before ya know it a few months have gone by with no exercise and then I'm suffering with back pain, hip pain, shoulder pain. I know good and well each of these ailments are always made better with consistent exercise. But sometimes, I am just exhausted...wiped out...do not have the energy to even think about working out, or am in too much pain to work out. Either I have to get up at 3:30am...seriously...because I do my quiet time with God from 5-6:30 and I am NOT giving that one up, because I need that more than I need anything else...or I have to do it in the late afternoons, which by the time afternoon rolls around, I have lost the energy, will, and motivation.

All of that said, I have been suffering with major back and hip pain the last few months. I figure it is because I was overcompensating, using the right leg/hip really since my knee injury in January and more especially since my surgery in April. I have worked out some during this time, but there are times that I can barely move to do anything.  I really really don't want to go back to my surgery dr., because I am so afraid he will want to do surgery and I do not want to go through that again. I can try a chiropractor, but honestly, we don't have the money to do that unless it is a last resort. I can't really take anything for pain, prescription wise, because I just don't tolerate pain meds well. I can't take OTC pain meds except for Tylenol and I might as well  take nothing, because Tylenol does NOTHING for me AT ALL.  So, my last option, really, is to try to ease back into a consistent work out again AND try to lose some weight.  I think the first will be easier than the latter. I don't know...we will see.

Yesterday, I started with some easy Yoga.  It wasn't that easy lol.  I had to make quite a few modifications, but hey, I did it...45 minutes or so of Yoga. Namaste.  Today, I WILL make time for working out...when, I don't know, but I will. When I get off at noon, I have the grand sweeties until 4,  and have school with Alex at the same time, that probably won't get finished until 6 or so, but somewhere in there, I do intend to do a little low impact cardio and strength training.  Wednesday, which will be about as busy, I plan to do the treadmill for about 20 min., Thursday, my schedule should be slower and I plan to do a total body work out video (about 45 min); Friday, I plan to do strength training;  Saturday, I plan to do a 30 min. full body stretch session; Sunday I plan to do a 20-30 min. "spiritual" walk. I won't be aiming for raising my heart rate, just some slow, spiritual walking, either outside or on the treadmill, listening to some good gospel music or K LOVE  and just breathing in God's beauty around me.

Those are my fitness plans for the week. Pray for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment