Search This Blog

Monday, September 14, 2015

What's cooking in the kitchen this week...

Happy Monday to ya.

Sooo, what am I cooking this week. First, I must say that the cake that I made on Saturday was fantabulous!!  I made a  Banana cake with a Cream Cheese/Walnut filling and a Cream Cheese Frosting.  I placed a few walnuts on the sides of the cake and a few on the top to garnish and drizzled homemade caramel sauce on the top and sides.  Oh.My.Goodness.  How devine!!  I had really intended to keep it until Wednesday (my birthday), but yeah, I should have known better than that. There is about two slices left. hahaha. The Mister says I should be on cake wars...which is, by the way, one of my favorite shows. That and Cupcake wars.

Okay back to what's cooking this week. Well, I have this tradition that I started several years ago, that whoever's birthday it is in my immediate family of kiddos and hubs, they get not only pick what's for supper for their birthday night, but for the WHOLE week of their birthday. So, yeah, I get to pick what's for supper all this week. But wait!! I already pick AND cook what's for supper most every night, so what to do.  I know!! I don't think I even want to cook at all this week.  Soooo, my plan is...fin for your self week.  Sandwiches, baked potatoes, take out on my birthday (what just yet, I haven't decided), more sandwiches, and more baked potatoes.  Sounds like a heavenly birthday week plan to me. No cooking = No dishes...or only a few dishes to wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment