Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tuesday


It's Tuesday!! Yesterday was definitely a Monday!! I won't even go into it, but I rarely have a bad Monday, but boy howdy was yesterday ever a doozie.  Thank God, Monday is over.

On to Tuesday. Since I missed Monday blogging, I will post my homekeeping schedule for this week. 


This is what I'm working on this week. As usual, my daily chores will be posted at the end. I love my routine. As I have mentioned before, it is based loosely on another popular cleaning lady routine, I've just made a few tweaks to make it my own.  I've tried other routines from others but I find this to be the simplest of all.  Seriously, from to start to finish, my routine never takes longer than 30 min...most times even shorter. 

So, this is the 4th week of the month and that means I am working in :

·          4th WEEK OF MONTH / LIVINGROOM, DEN

·         MONDAY – PICK UP, PUT UP, OR THROW AWAY ANY CLUTTER
·         TUESDAY -  CLEAN UNDERNEATH SOFA CUSHIONS
·         WEDNESDAY – CLEAN UNDERNEATH SOFA
·         THURSDAY – SPOT CLEAN WALLS/DOORS/LIGHT PLATE SWITCHES
·         FRIDAY – SWEEP/MOP

 HOME BLESSING CHORES
Can be done all in one day or spread throughout the week

MONDAY-  Dust the house. All flat surfaces, ceiling fans, knick knacks. Clean all windows and mirrors and glass in doors. Purge all old magazines, papers, materials that are laying around and no longer needed

TUESDAY-  Sweep small bath, L/R, and Laundry Room. Swish and Swipe sink/counter, commode

WEDNESDAY – Sweep front entrance, clear any clutter from counter/table, sweep front porch

THURSDAY -  Sweep Den and Master Bedroom

FRIDAY – Sweep Master Bath, swish and swipe sink, counter, commode.  Mop kitchen floor

dAILY CHORES

MORNING:
·         Make bed
·         Load Washing Machine
·         Lay out supper

AFTERNOON:
·         LOAD DRYER
·         ALL HOME BLESSING CHORES FOR THE DAY AS WELL AS ZONE CHORES
·         FOLD/ PUT AWAY CLOTHES

EVENING:
·        Wash dishes
·        Clean counters, stove
·        Sweep Kitchen
·        Lay out clothes for next day
·        get to bed at a decent hour


And my...

LAUNDRY SCHEDULE

MONDAY – REDS, PINKS, ORANGES, PURPLES, MAROONS/ COOLTO WARM WATER

TUESDAY – WHITES, ALL WHITES/ HOT WATER, BLEACH

WEDNESDAY – BLACKS, DARK COLORS, BLUE JEANS/ COOL TO WARM WATER

THURSDAY- TOWELS, UNDERWEAR  / HOT WATER

FRIDAY – ALL OTHER COLORS THAT DON’T FALL INTO ANY OTHER OF THE CATEGORIES / WARM WATER

SATURDAY – BED LINENS, PILLOW CASES / HOT WATER  - ALL COMFORTERS AND PILLOWS SPRAYED DOWN WITH FEBREEZE AND LYSOL AND PUT INTO THE DRYER FOR 30 MIN EACH TO FRESHEN AND FLUFF



As for ....

I have decided to slow down a bit with Alex.  This new grade is requiring a substantial amount more of work than in previous grades, and that is expected, of course. But, with having to cover such a large amount of material each day to keep up with our schedule of being done by the end of May, he is just not retaining what we are covering. Furthermore, I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that he has really lost a lot of his math and reading skills, despite us working a couple days a week on these skills. To his defense, we really didn't work that long each session, after all it was summer time. I've decided to go back to our original plan (of a couple years ago, that is) to just go with a year round schedule only a shorter schedule during the summer.  This will allow us to shorten our lessons each day, and add in a Bible reading curriculum. Hopefully, this will work a little better for him/us.  





No comments:

Post a Comment